When the person you love is miles away, every second becomes a countdown to the next moment you’ll be able to see him, hear his voice and hold him in your arms again.
Long distance relationships (LDRs) are painful, but here’s the thing: when you find the man worth fighting for, no distance can break you apart.
Great relationships don’t just happen.
Even when there’s no distance, they take work and patience, as well as two people who are willing to do anything to be together.
The miles between you are just an obstacle you need to learn to overcome.
Don’t worry, you’re not alone in this. For centuries, couples have suffered and been inspired by long distance love.
So here are the 13 most memorable long-distance relationship quotes to make you feel better when you get the long distance blues.
1. "Love is missing someone when you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in the heart." – Kay Knudsen
In an LDR, you will miss your partner constantly; there’s no way around it.
But despite all the pain of not being able to see and touch your partner whenever you want, you will still feel that you two are always close in your hearts.
And that’s how you know it’s all worth it.
2. "If you listen to the wind very carefully, you'll be able to hear me whisper my love for you." – Andrew Davidson
There will be moments when you'll feel you can't take the distance anymore.
In those moments just take a deep breath and remember that true love can travel miles and bridge any distance.
He’ll give his heart to the first woman who does this...
Download my free report and find out how to get any man - even the biggest commitment phobe - to commit to you in just 7 easy steps.
So just jump on a quick Skype chat with your significant other (SO) and talk about all those things that make your relationship special.
3. “The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence.” – Edward Thomas
You know that feeling when you are at a party, surrounded by tons of people but still, you can only think about how much you wish he was there?
And at that moment you know you would trade it all for a moment together.
4. "The scary thing about distance is you don't know whether they'll miss you or forget you." – Nicholas Sparks
When the time comes to say goodbye for the first time, there's a moment where you have no idea if the distance will make or break your relationship, if he will miss you or forget you.
But even though this moment is terrifying, it will reveal whether or not your love is worth fighting for.
5. "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?" – A.A. Milne
Overwhelmed by the loneliness and pain of having to say goodbye to the man you love over and over again, you may forget one important thing...
...How incredibly lucky you are to have found someone who makes saying goodbye so hard.
Many never get to experience this.
6. "True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes." – Anonymous
A lot of people believe that true love means being inseparable and wanting to do everything together.
But that's so far from the truth. True love is the one thing that stays strong even when two people are miles apart.
7. "Some of the toughest things in this world are to really want someone and not have them around you. Those are the times when you don’t know what to do. All you can do is wait." – Tamara Louis
Wanting someone and not being able to see them, hug them and kiss them whenever you want is one of the worst feelings in the world.
All you can do is wait for the next time you'll see your man and learn how to cheer yourself up when the loneliness kicks in.
8. "Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age." – John Dryden
When you're with someone you love, the time flies.
But whenever you give them that long last hug and say another goodbye, the time suddenly starts dragging by.
Waiting to see him may feel like forever but it makes every moment you spend together even more precious.
9. "Distance makes the heart grow fonder." – Thomas Haynes Bayly
This is still one of the most iconic long-distance love quotes to date because it stays true throughout the centuries.
Sometimes distance is not all that bad, just like absence.
It makes your love stronger, it makes petty problems unimportant and it reminds you to cherish your guy even more.
10. "Distance gives us a reason to love harder." – Anonymous
Distance is one of the greatest obstacles that can be encountered in a relationship, and most relationships don't survive it.
Because, let's face it, being in an LDR is not easy–it takes much more work than a regular relationship.
But if your love passes this test, it will be strong enough to overcome anything.
11. "It’s not the distance that’s the enemy, but the endless time I have to wait to hold you in my arms." – Livius Besski
If you come to think about it, distance is not causing you pain because even despite it, you are still close to your man.
It's actually the time you have to wait to see him that keeps breaking your heart.
Hang in there and use music to cut that time short.
12. "In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged." – Hans Nouwens
Sometimes your boyfriend can be in another room and you can suddenly start missing him.
But he could also be halfway across the globe and that could do nothing to change your love. Don't forget that distance is only as big as you perceive it.
13. "Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." – Rumi
When you enter a long-distance relationship, people will judge you and people will think they know better.
But, who cares what others think? If you really love someone, fight for your happiness.
The fact that it didn't work for somebody else doesn't mean you can't make it work.
Long-distance relationships are not easy, let’s be honest. There will be some tough moments when the pain of missing him will seem almost unbearable.
But I hope these quotes made you feel at least a little better.
Just remember, when you really care about someone, the distance doesn't matter.
Cherish every second spent together and look forward to the moment you will finally be reunited without having to say goodbye ever again.
And if you want to cement your bond even when you’re apart, learn the value of being able to communicate intimately with your boyfriend.
Discover the proven methods in Dirty Talk Secrets.
But don’t worry, it’s not about changing yourself into a slut. It’s all about finding out his hidden fantasies and bringing them into your relationship together.
It’s the guaranteed way to make sure he doesn’t stray while you’re away.
Learn more here.